Here in Colorado we are beginning to see some early signs of spring and that means my kids are actually able to play outside again (yay!). Spring is a great time for learning new things about nature with your kids. In one of my previous posts, I mentioned how it is helpful to follow your child's interests when introducing an activity. Well, spring time is great for really following many of your child's interests in nature. Maybe your child is interested in flowers sprouting or new bugs emerging. These are perfect learning opportunities. While going outside to explore nature hands-on is best, sometimes you can follow that up with inside work like paper pictures or videos. So today I'm offering a cool freebie for all you great readers out there.
Educents is an great online resource for such downloadable follow-up activities, as well as educational games. Below you'll see a FREEBIE for learning about the life cycle of a frog. If you see some tadpoles at a nearby pond, this is a great follow-up activity to help your child learn what's going on with those little creatures.
Ways to use this freebie with a Pre-K or Kinder:This free resource was created by The Multi Taskin' Mom and is available to download for free on Educents.com. Educents is the best place to discover new and innovative ways to keep kids excited about learning!
- Practice handwriting & copywork
- Reading aloud
- Sounding out the words
- Have fun coloring
- Just print & go
More frog-themed learning resources:Do your kiddos LOVE frogs? Check out this animation about the Frog Life Cycle, and find more frog-themed games and lessons for all ages below.
- All About Frogs Packet - This frog bundle includes an informational slideshow, frog-themed anchor charts, rhyming word printables, number cards, writing organizer, and more (all frog-themed!!)
- Froggy Self-Control Boardgame - Use your frog markers to move across the board and practice relaxation, self-control, and body behavior in the classroom. Students will distinguish good choices from bad choices as they leap around the board!
- 3-D Frog Anatomy Notebook Model for Dissection - Use this 3-d paper frog model for a dissection-free frog exploration, a pre-dissection study tool, or even as a summative assessment during comparative anatomy studies!
- Frog Learning Pack for Middle Schoolers - A frog-eriffic packet of printable notebooking pages, activities, games and more!